Sonia is CEO of LeadershipHQ, a thought Women leader, entrepreneur, executive coach, keynote speaker and writer. Consulting with numerous clients across the globe in leadership, diversity and strategic excellence, Sonia is internationally recognised in these fields.
LeadershipHQ and McDonald Inc. energetic organisations aiming to create change and improvements to businesses through leadership and diversity best practice. Sonia has established a number of signature programs: Courageous Women leader in Leadership and Courage Lab that are taking Australia by storm. In 2015, she launched a Leadership Magazine and a number of leadership and diversity events and summits with leading CEOs and industry experts.
In this episode we talk about:
- Leaders in leadership and diversity
- How Sonia works with teams by helping to create and build leadership capability and confidence within organisations
- How they help companies through coaching, growing and empowering people in order to be better and to be the best they can be
- The Women leader Empowerment Space
- Sonia’s perspective on gender equality
- Her fondest memories of growing up
- The issues of bullying and how to avoid it
- The succession plan
- The Leadership HQ and how it works
- Implementation to get results and instigate change in their leaders and clients
- The coaching leadership program they provide through mastermind workshops on what’s best for the leaders and their teams
- The innovative and leadership change
- Building capability around differences
- The diversity of thinking
- The importance of understanding different ways, perspectives and attitudes to get true creativity and diversity of thoughts
- What’s behind “The lunch and learn”
- The connection of eating and learning at the same time
- Sonia’s fondest food memories
- Her love of cooking and preparing with lots of company of people around her
Sonia McDonald fondest food memories
“My mum is a good cook. She made Osaka. She used to make this phenomenal creamy chicken casserole rice and breadcrumbs. I had some memories around food. I remember wagging school with my best friend and we used to go to the Italian restaurant and we always ordered a lasagne.”
Know more about Sonia McDonald
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“Definitely Brene Brown. She’s written some of my favourite books. I would really like to meet her in Tuscany or somewhere like that because my favourite food is served with beautiful wine, fresh beautiful bread, and peashooter and cheeses and Pate and olives. I love that rustic sort of food.”
Last meal on the planet?
“Probably seafood. I just love scallops and bugs and lobster. I’ve just consumed so much seafood. I just love seafood.”
Where to find Sonia McDonald